ANSYS is a recognized market leader in FEA analysis as most professional FEA analysts prefer using it. It is a finite element analysis software meant for structural physics.
This is a new pay-per-use licensing model unlocking virtually every Ansys product that is supported on cloud-hosting partner hardware. When you choose to run Ansys on the cloud, one key point is that you don’t necessarily need to buy new licenses or move licenses to the cloud.
Examples are Prisync pricing is priced at $60 per month, ClearView InFocus, which costs $25 monthly, and SEMRush pricing sit around $100 monthly. However, SAP Business Objects costs $14,000 per year but includes 10 user accounts. Additionally, business intelligence software can be targeted at SMBs or large-sized businesses. Thank u all for the help, I understand prices r different, depending on the needs of each client. I forgot to tell that ANSYS seller asked me if the application of the product had anything to do with Universities or Scientific Laboratories (non-profit). It is not a fixed number. An Ansys license may cost 5 lacs or 30k. It depends on the number of licenses, nature of the license (academic, research, or corporate usage), and also who buys it (training centre, academic institution, corporate entity). Sometimes you can also get license on lease which you can renew each year.
It is capable of simulating static (stationary), dynamic (moving) as well as heat transfer (thermal) problems.
How much does an ANSYS license cost?
On average, Athe cost of an Ansys license will depend on the number of licenses required, the nature of the license, who’s buying it and which version you want. We were able to find a catalog with the prices, but these prices are accurate as of 2013. Use the prices inside the table below as an estimate only.
|Ansys Autodyn PrepPost||$4K|
|Ansys Autodyn Single Task||$27K|
|Ansys Composite PrepPost||$12K|
|Ansys Design Space||$5K|
|Ansys Explicit STR||$13K|
|Ansys Fatigue Module||$4K|
|Ansys Mechanical CFD-Flo||$29K|
|Ansys Mechanical Emag||$29K|
|Ansys Mechanical PrepPost||$9K|
|Ansys Mechanical Solver||$22K|
|Ansys Multiphysics Solver||$43K|
|Ansys Professional NLS||$10K|
|Ansys Professional NLT||$8.5K|
|Ansys Rigid Body Dynamics||$4K|
|Ansys Structural Solver||$15K|
According to one member on this mcadcentral.com forum thread, he was quoted $28,500 in the early 2000s.
On another forum thread at Eng-Tips.com, a forum member said Multiphysics was about $45,000 for a perpetual license plus an annual tech support fee.
Ansys License Price
ANSYS license overview
ANSYS is a general purpose software that is used to simulate interactions of all the disciplines of physics, vibration, fluid dynamics, structural, heat transfer as well as electromagnetic for engineers. Ansys (structural and thermal) allows for more user intervention as pertaining to meshing parameters and analysis settings.
Besides enabling to simulate working conditions or tests, ANSYS enables testing in a virtual environment prior to manufacturing prototypes of products. In addition, determining and improving weak points, as well as computing life and predicting probable problems, are possible through 3D simulations in a virtual environment.
ANSYS can import CAD data and enable building a geometry with its pre-processing capabilities. Likewise, in the same pre-processor, finite element model (mesh) that is required for computation is generated. Subsequent to defining loadings and performing analysis, the results can be viewed as graphical and numerical.
The ANSYS program has various design analysis applications, which range from everyday items such as cookware, dishwashers, running shoes, beverage cans and automobiles to such highly sophisticated systems as aircraft, bridges, farm machinery, nuclear reactor containment buildings, X-ray equipment and orbiting satellites.
What are the extra costs?
An FEA analyst can keep his/her skills up to date by enrolling in a comprehensive range of ANSYS training courses which cover a variety of subjects. /wrc-7-12-patch-download/. Through the acquired skills, they can make the best use of the software tools as quickly as possible. The training courses, while optional, can range from $250 to $1,200.
A yearly tech support licensing fee can cost about $400 per year.
ANSYS offers bundles, which include the solver and the pre/post processor, at about $5,000.
Tips to know
Anyone who has an ANSYS license is capable of working with ANSYS Workbench. Similar to the ANSYS interface, ANSYS Workbench capacities are limited due to the possessed license. The ANSYS Workbench platform integrates simulation technologies as well as parametric CAD systems with exceptional automation and performance. The power of ANSYS-Workbench comes from the ANSYS solver algorithms with several years of experience. Besides, the object of ANSYS Workbench is authentication and improvement of the product in a virtual environment.
ANSYS can work while being integrated with other engineering software via a desktop by adding CAD and FEA connection modules. ANSYS supports multiple processors at no additional charge. It also offers 64-bit software at no additional charge.
How can I save money?
GSA gets a discount of about 30 to 50 percent.
Student and bulk discounts may also be available.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.
Average Reported Cost: $0
How much did you spend?
Get FREE Price Quotes on Business Intelligence Software
ANSYS HFSS Pricing
Starting from $40,000 per license
ANSYS HFSS is an RF and microwave modeling solution for businesses of all sizes. Its capabilities include circuit simulation, automatic adaptive meshing, antenna array simulation, and others. The software was d..
ANSYS HFSS Pricing - The Ultimate Guide
Shlomi Lavi / Jan 20, 2020
ANSYS HFSS Total Cost Rating: (5.4/10)
When comparing ANSYS HFSS to their competitors, on a scale between 1 to 10 ANSYS HFSS is rated 5.4, which is similar to the average Business Intelligence software cost. ANSYS HFSS are offering few flexible plans to their customers, the basic cost of license starting from $40,000 per license, read the article below in order to calculate the total cost of ownership (TCO) which includes: customization, data migration, training, hardware, maintnance, updgrades, and more.
You can also leave your info with us to get a free custom quote with the break downs for your business needs.
Business Intelligence Tools Price Ranges
For business intelligence software, the price sits around $3,000 per year for a user. However, it is worth noting that this price range is associated with the medium offering or package from each software vendor; in essence, it is suitable for small & medium-sized businesses. More robust offerings have volatile pricings that are adjusted to suit large businesses.
Users are expected to pay between $10 to $75 for a single user account, depending on the offering level. Examples are Prisync pricing is priced at $60 per month, ClearView InFocus, which costs $25 monthly, and SEMRush pricing sit around $100 monthly. However, SAP Business Objects costs $14,000 per year but includes 10 user accounts.
Additionally, business intelligence software can be targeted at SMBs or large-sized businesses. However, there are others that are meant for any business size. The software that is apt for each business size and their prices are as follows:
- Small Businesses can expect to pay between $10–$50 monthly for a single account business intelligence software. For BI software that includes multiple accounts, they can expect to pay between $300–$500 per month. However, some other vendors like Britix24, Manage Engine Analytics Plus, and BI360 offer their low-end package free for small businesses, although with limited features. Some BI software for small businesses are Competitors App, which costs around $7 per month, KlipFolio $50 monthly, and AnswerDock $20 per month.
- Medium Businesses can expect to pay between $50–$500 for a business intelligence software, depending on the number of accounts on each offering. For instance, Tableau pricing costs $70 for a single account, while Funnel and CYS cost around $500 and $300 respectively for pre-set multiple accounts.
- Large Businesses can expect to pay $500–$10,000 for BI software packages that include a large workforce and around $60 for a single account. For instance, Prisync ultimate package costs around $300 monthly per user but allows only a minimum of 10 accounts, which amount to $3,000. Also, ArcGIS costs $1,500, and IBI is priced around $150 per month.
The price range for BI best of breed are as follows:
- Reporting Software This subcategory of BI software has a price that ranges from $10 and $45, depending on the offering level. For example, Agent360 Marketing Reporting pricing starts from $80 per month for 5 users, Syncfusion Bold Reports costs $200 per month for 5 users, Germain APM cost up to $30 per day based on APM unit.
- Data Visualization Software The price for software in this category ranges from $10 to $50 per user monthly. On the other hand, some others are completely free to use. Google Charts, for example, comes at no fee. However, software like Qlik Sense costs $15 per month per user, while Power BI costs more than $10 monthly per user.
- Dashboard Software Dashboard software pricing is usually divided into three tiers, which range from $9 to $12, $12 to $27, and above $30, respectively; the price is usually set based on the number of dashboards made available in a month. Some dashboard software with this similar price are Cluvio, which costs $280 for 50 dashboards monthly, Microsoft Dynamics 365, which costs $190 monthly per user for a number of dashboards. Others are iClassPro = $130 and ThortSpace = around $10 monthly per user.
- Risk Management Software Many products in this category are priced on a yearly basis, which, in many cases, may be per user. They can also be divided into three categories, of which the lowest offering range from $70 to $400, medium offering from $400 to $10,000, and the ultimate package from $10,000 upwards. Some products have monthly pricing regardless; for example, Goat Risk, which costs $15 per user, and OneSoft Connect, which costs around $6 per user. An example of a product with yearly pricing is Analytic Solver, which costs $250 per user. Lastly, some risk management software have one-time fees, like IsoMetrix, which costs $34,000 for a buyout.
- Embedded Analytics Software The pricing for embedded analytics software is often divided into three tiers, usually to suit small businesses, medium businesses, and large businesses. The price ranges from $10 to $15, $15 to $325, and above $325 for each respective tire. Stratifyd is an embedded analytics software with yearly pricing of $1,000 per user. Others are GoodData, which costs $2,400 per year, INFRAGISTIC Reveal, which costs around $10 per user per month.
Business Intelligence Total Cost BreakdownWhen it comes to selecting Business Intelligence software product, buyers are primarily concerned about its cost. In fact, it is the cost that determines whether a potential buyer would go with the product. True, there is no one-size-fits-all formula to determine the “worth” of a software product, but as a software buyer, you want to make sure you get the best value for your money, without having to dig a big hole in your pocket.
Understanding the exact price of Business Intelligence Software isn't easy as The overall cost of software includes the cost of software license, subscription fees, software training cost, customization cost, required hardware, and the cost of maintenance & support and other related services. It's critical that you account for all of these costs to gain an understanding of the system's 'total cost of ownership.'
3 Software Pricing ModelsThere are primarily three common pricing models – Perpetual License, Subscription, and Commercial open source.
- Subscription/Software-As-A-Service: - Not relevant for ANSYS HFSS
Under this software pricing model, the software is accessed over the Internet, as opposed to installed on-premises. The payment is made either on a per user basis or subscription basis. Ideally, customers are required to pay a recurring monthly fee until a specific period for using the software. Subscription pricing model is more common with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) apps.
- Upfront cost for customization and integration is less compared to perpetual license cost because there is not much flexibility with SaaS systems in this area.
- Recurring cost is greater as customers are required to make monthly payments as subscription fee. Additionally customers using premium support services must pay an extra fee.
- All in all, the total cost of ownership in the both cases is almost the same and may span over a period of 7-10 years, though you may have to pay a higher perpetual license fee upfront. The software cost may vary from starter to mid range to enterprise level apps in both cases.
- Perpetual license: - Relevant for ANSYS HFSS
A common pricing model for on-premise applications, perpetual license requires a customer to pay an upfront sum to own the software or other intellectual property on-premises for a fixed term.
- Upfront cost involves the fee for installation, customization, integration with existing systems, besides perpetual license fee.
- Recurring cost is low in this pricing model and may include cost for updates, maintenance, upgrades, and patches. Some vendors do offer premium support services, which come for an extra price.
- Commercial open source: Not relevant for ANSYS HFSS
The customer can acquire the software free of cost without having to incur any upfront license fee. As a customer, you’re solely responsible for the ongoing maintenance, upgrading, customization, and troubleshooting of the application to meet your specific needs. You are on your own for providing end-user support, since you are not locked in with a vendor-supplied software solution.
ANSYS HFSS - cost of customization:If you need specific features in your software catering to your specific business requirements, the vendor will charge customization cost, depending on your needs and feature requirement. Ideally customization cost is more complex to calculate compared to licensing cost.
Some apps allow you to easily combine data from multiple sources, without any complicated query requirements, while some others can be embedded into different applications to provide enhanced reporting. If you seek products that support customizable dashboards and predictive analysis to identity possible trends and facilitate decision making, you may have to pay higher for all the customization features.
Additionally, the following factors may affect the cost of customization:
- User interface changes
- Configurable dashboards
- Data elements required for tracking
- Forms to collect additional data
- Dashboard, management and operational reports that are needed.
- Workflows and how complex they are.
- Forms to collect additional data.
In order to calculate the cost of customization you can use the following estimates:
- Minimal customization - integrate with 1-2 systems: $2,500
- Standard customization - integrate with 3-5 systems: $10,000
- Fully customized system - integrate with more than 5 systems: $25,000
ANSYS HFSS - cost of data migration: Relevant for ANSYS HFSSMost companies opt for data migration services from a vendor, which raises the cost of product ownership. If you choose to transfer data on your own, you can avoid paying the cost of data migration.
Data migration cost depends on the amount of data to be transferred, your current software, availability of migration tools, complexity of data, and gaps between the existing system and the new system.
If your data is stored in excel spreadsheets, then it may incur you a lot of time and money to migrate data from excel.
By involving a software services provider in data migration, you are asking them to offer additional services, for which you may have to pay extra.
As a rule of thumb the cost of data migration depents on how many records you want to migrate. Records can include number of Customers, invoices, financial transactions, products, versions, etc. Here is a list you can use as a rule of thumb:
- 1,000 records: $500
- 10,000 records: $2,500
- 100,000 records: $10,000
- 1,000,000+ records: $25,000
ANSYS HFSS - cost of training: Relevant for ANSYS HFSSAs a software buyer, you are required to pay extra for in-person training, though some vendors offer web-based training as part of the package. Training cost may involve end-user training, video/self training, group training, department training, and train the trainer.
Training cost derived from the training approach that you select for your organization:
- End-user training.
- Group/Department training.
- Video /self training.
- Train the trainer approach.
Here are some questions to answer: How many training groups (different departments, usages, type of users) are needed?
In order to calculate the cost of training you can use the following estimates:
- 1-2 Training Sessions: $500
- 3-4 Training Sessions: $1,500
- 5-7 Training Sessions: $2,500
- 8-10 Training Sessions: $5,000
Cost of Hardware & IT: - Relevant for ANSYS HFSSThis can be a major expense for on-premise software buyers that need their own servers and other infrastructure to install the solution. This may be a costlier alternative than cloud solutions. In that case, you may want to go with cloud services that do not involve infrastructural investments and you can rely on the vendor’s web-based solutions.
Software pricing may also depend on software capabilities, including marketing automation, sales automation, help desk, and call center.
Cost of support for ANSYS HFSS - An Important Factor:As a customer investing in a software product, you are looking for constant support, besides the price of the software. Support has become a crucial part of value-based pricing that you are willing to pay as a customer.
There is no use buying a software product and facing inconvenience due to some technical glitches that you know nothing about and are reliant on the vendor to give you a solution. It is crucial that you go for a product from a vendor that provides solutions to ongoing problems.
Shift From Licensing Fee to Subscription Fee Models: - Not relevant for ANSYS HFSSIn an effort to build more sustained relationships with customers, most software vendors have chosen to offer the managed services model to accommodate changing customer behavior. There has been a significant drop in licensing revenue, thanks to the emergence of software-as-a-service model and downfall of the packaged software.
The new pricing model requires customers to pay little upfront fee and ongoing subscription fee on a monthly basis. The alternate pricing model stretches payments over a period of few years compared to lump-sum licensing fee.
Customers are happy to pay small monthly installments for subscribing to the ongoing support and maintenance services from vendors, without having to pay large upfront payment which can be too much for small businesses.
Compare ANSYS HFSS pricing to Alternarive Business Intelligence solutions:When comparing ANSYS HFSS to their competitors, on a scale between 1 to 10 ANSYS HFSS is rated 5.4, which is similar to the average Business Intelligence software cost.
How Can We Help?
Ansys License Price List
The science of software cost/pricing may not be easy to understand. If you seek to understand software pricing model, get in touch with ITQlick experts. Contact us today and find solutions to all your questions. We will match software vendors that offer the best pricing on technology that fits your needs.