- Cisco Asa License Key
- Cisco Asa License Key Replacement
- Cisco Asa Activation Key Generator
- Cisco Asa License Key Eset Nod32 Antivirus
- Cisco Asa License Key Bytefence
KB ID 0000531
To apply an activation key to the Cisco ASA, you can use the activation-key command followed by the hexadecimal key value. Both permanent and time-based keys follow the same process, and you cannot determine the key duration until you attempt to install it. Example 3-2 shows a successful attempt to activate the permanent key. However, that’s not the end of the story. When you format the flash, it also ERASES your Cisco ASA LICENSE KEY! This causes the ASA to default to the base level license which restricts your device to a limited number of devices, vlans and a restricted DMZ (providing you are using an ASA5505 – varies depending on setup).
Each model in the Cisco ASA 5500 range comes with a range of licences and features, to add these features you can purchase them from a Cisco reseller. You will then need to apply the licence to the device.
1. Your first step is to purchase the Licence you require from an authorised cisco reseller.
2. When your licence arrives you need to locate the PAK that is on the certificate.
3. You need the Serial number of the ASA 5500, to get this either look on the chassis of the device or issue a “show version” command.
4. So the one above has a serial Number of JMX1234ABCD.
Cisco Asa License Key
5. Now you have the PAK and the serial number, you need to register them with Cisco Go there, login with a Cisco CCO account name. Enter the PAK Code > Submit.
6. Check the PAK details, and add more as required > Click “All Done”.
7. Enter the Serial Number of the ASA and tick “I Agree.” > Enter/Check your details > Enter the Licensee details (If Different) > Continue.
8. Read the Summary > Submit > Wait for it to stop saying “Processing” > When complete it should “Go Green” and say Registration Complete.
9. If can take a little while for the licence to be emailed to you and USUALLY goes straight to Junk Mail (Thanks Microsoft, that’s not funny!)
Cisco Asa License Key Replacement
10. When the Licence comes in, the detail that you need is the activation key, it will look like….
dd12eb50 9e16d5bb 45b2a92c 78901838 44999999
11. You add this licence to the ASA with an “activation-key” command:
12. That’s the licence added.
Note: In the example above I added a licence to increase the web VPN peers from 25 to 50 (Which you can see if you compare the two pieces of code).
To add a Licence from the ASDM
1. Connect via ASDM.
Cisco Asa Activation Key Generator
2. Navigate to > Configuration > Device Management > Licensing > Activation Key > Paste in the new activation key > Update Activation Key.