Someone may reported that after upgrading to Windows 10 or reinstalling the Windows 10 system, the HID-Compliant Touch Screen is missing in device manager. When expand Human Interface Devices, there are nothing related HID touch screen. So your Touch screen is stopped working.
Uninstall the mouse drivers from device manager: a. Press “Windows + R” keys to open Run window. Type devmgmt.msc in the run option and click Ok. Search for the mouse or touchpad drivers and right click the mouse driver listed and click Uninstall. Click Uninstall, restart the computer and check if that helps you.
What is HID-Compliant Devices?
The abbreviation for Human Interface Device is HID. And in computer, the HID means USB-HID. It is usually a human input or output device such as USB-HID TouchPad, USB Pen, USB keyboard, USB mouse, etc.
As an input or output device, when you plug a device to the computer, the low right corner will pops a message “A HID-Compliant device has been recognized“. If not, it means, your device cannot be recognized or not working on Windows 10. Such as Touch Screen which is talked about in this article. So how to solve it? Following the next solutions.
- G-Mouse Configurator is an easy-to-use tool that can change the function of key on the keyboard or mouse, It is very usefull and can save you a lot of time and effort.For example, You could configure the middle button on mouse as click, macro, window switching, screenshots, launch program or other function.
- This page serves as a warning about other driver sites that offer so called tools to download touchscreen drivers for Windows 10 or 8. Firstly none of them have the drivers that are required. Drivers are almost always built into Windows. If your touch screen isn’t working there are few scenarios.
Related: HID-Compliant Mouse Not Working on Windows 10
Solution 1: Show All Devices
If the HID-Compliant Touch Screen disappeared in device manager, maybe it is only hidden. So try to view all devices at first.
Follow this path: Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices to see if this devices appears or not.
If not, go ahead to fix it by other solutions.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot HID-Compliant Touch Screen
Using troubleshooting to fix the basic devices error will be the first choice. It is easy to operate and detect & fix the problem fast.
1. Goes to Start Menu > Settings > Update & Security.
2. In troubleshoot tab, find Hardware Devices and Run the troubleshooter.
After that, the troubleshooter system tool will start scan the hardware issue including touch screen missing problem and then fix it automatically.
Solution 3: Update HID-Compliant Touch Screen Driver
Installing the missing driver for HID-Compliant touch screen can fix the problem. Here are two ways you can do: use the manually way and automatically way.
Manual way: Because the touch screen is used in the laptop, so its driver will be easy. Goes to the laptop manufacturers’ download center to download the suitable driver manually and install the driver step by step.
Automatic Way: If you do not know or cannot find it by yourself, you can use this easier way. Here you can use Driver Booster to help you.
Hid-compliant Mouse 5.1.2600.0
Driver Booster will scan all the hardware devices and its drivers, then remind you how many drivers are missing, how many drivers are outdated and how many drivers are up-to-date.
1. Download, install and run Driver Booster on your laptop.
2. All you need do is follow these steps: Scan > Update or Update Now.
After using the above two ways to update your HID-Compliant Touch Screen driver, you will find this device listed in human interface devices.
Solution 4: Check Windows Update
Hid Compliant Mouse Driver For Dell
Checking Windows update can update can be a way to fix this issue. Because Windows update will update all the drivers including touch screen drivers and its related drivers such as chipset driver. Because someone reported that update the Intel chipset driver can be helpful.
1. Type Windows update in search box to enter the update window.
2. In Windows update, click Check for updates.
After that, Windows system will automatically download and install all the updates of course including update the HID-Compliant touch screen driver.