- Hotpoint Oven Serial Number Lookup
- Hotpoint Washing Machine Serial Number Lookup
- Hotpoint Stove Serial Number Lookup
- Hotpoint Serial Number Search
Hotpoint products parts that fit, straight from the manufacturer. Use our interactive diagrams, accessories, and expert repair help to fix your Hotpoint products search.
- POST a QUESTION or COMMENT about how to find out the age of a heating appliance: water heater, heating boiler, heating furnace
InspectAPedia tolerates no conflicts of interest. We have no relationship with advertisers, products, or services discussed at this website.
Water heater age decoders, water heater manual sources, all brands:
In addition to details of how to de-code water heater age for all water heater brands we give six ways to determine the age of a water heater. We also discuss the conditions, maintenance, and factors that affect how long a water heater can be expected to last.
Here is a Heating Furnace or Boiler Data Decoding Document that Aids in Determining Water Heater Age. How long should a hot water maker or hot water heater last. What factors determine the life of a water heater - independent of the water heater's age? DECODING GUIDES for water heater age, 5 data tag decoding documents, books, methods. Geyser & cylinder warranties & water heater life.
We give contact information for water heater, geyser, cylinder, calorifier manufacturers and for water heater installation, operation, & troubleshooting manuals.
Our photo at page top shows an oil fired water heater with a backpressure problem and other safety concerns like a missing extension tube on that relief valve, and maybe a missing draft regulator and perhaps an oil line that is not protected from damage.
We also provide a MASTER INDEX to this topic, or you can try the page top or bottom SEARCH BOX as a quick way to find information you need.
Hotpoint® Water Heater Data Tag Decoding & Water Heater Age
By looking closely at the serial number it is possible to read the year and month (or week) in which a Hotpoint water heater was manufactured, thus to know the Hotpoint water heater age.
[Click to enlarge any image]
Reader question: can we move this Hotpoint water heater over an inch?
.. here is a photo of my hot water heater data: here is a photo of my hot water heater data.
How old is my Hotpoint® water heater?
It still works fine. I don't understand how it can produce 50 gallons for its size. We wanted to move it over 1 inch to accommodate a new washing machine but it appears bolted to the floor.
I hate to mess with something that appears to be working fine but worry about the day that it stops. - Anonymous by private email 2016/07/19
Reply: Hotpoint water heater Serial Number decoder
Hotpoint Serial Number Decoder for Water Heater Age: Before 1980
Hotpoint water heaters prior to about 1980 such as those bearing the data tag shown above use serial numbers in the format
Your Hotpoint water heater data tag serial number looks like 1TU2270 leading me to guess that the last two digits may be the year of manufacture (70 in this example).
The preceding two digits (22 in this example) may be the week of manufacture.
Looks like this Hotpoint water heater or calorifier was made in 1970? Is that possible?
Hotpoint Serial Number Age Decoder, Water Heaters After 1980
Later Hotpoint water heaters, manufactured by Rheem, use serial numbers in the format shown in this photo of a Hotpoint water heater provided by reader Randy Coulter.
AA MMYY123456 begin with two letters (in position AA)
then follow with two digits of production month (in position MM and numbered 01-12)
followed by two digits of production year in position YY.
Hotpoint Catalog Number Decoder
The Hotpoint water heating calorifier or cylinder Catalong No. (or model number) is 100WBSC521035, leading me to guess that the catalog number, giving water heater features, decodes as follows:
Last four digits give the wattage of the top and bottom heating element as 35 = 3500 Watts, and 10 = 1000 Watts.
The data tag also indicates
- this is a 50-gallon water heater intended to operate on a 230/240VAC circuit
- the heater uses a single 3500W double-throw thermostat
- each circuit wiring to be 30A 125V / 25A 250 Volts
- a maximum working pressure of 127.5 lb (psi)
- the tank was tested to 300 lb (psi)
Bolted to floor - sounds as if you're in an earthquake zone. A bit of unbolting, re-plumbing, and then re-securing the heater to the structure would be required. A bit of work but perhaps justified if that's where you need to place your new washing machine.
Contact Hotpoint Appliances
- GE Appliances (market Hotpoint® Gas Water Heaters), Service & Repair Tel: 1-800-432-2737, Parts Tel: 1-877-959-8688, Website: http://www.geappliances.com/ This website also provides an internatioal directory for GE appliances, parts, service, repair.
- Hotpoint appliances are serviced by certified GE technicians. You can schedule service online 24 hours a day.
GE Appliance Service Tel: 1-800-GECares (1-800-432-2737) to schedule a service appointment.
Website: http://www.hotpoint.com/ (schedule a service appointment online)
- Hotpoint Service Hotline, located in the U.K., tel: 08 448 224 224 or in the Republic of Ireland call 08 18 313 413
Indesit Company Unit 49, Airways Industrial Estate, Dublin 17, UK, Tel: 08 448 24 24 24
- Rheem Manufacturing Company P.O. Box 34070 Louisville, KY 40232-4070 USA
Rheem produced GE Water heaters, example: Model: HG Series, GG Series, GP Series, PG Series, SG Series, SG Series with SmartWater™ Ignition System (no longer in manufacture).
See RHEEM WATER HEATERS & HEATER AGE
Reader Comments & Q&A
On 2019-09-11 by (mod) - age of a Hotpoint water heater serial number PC 0806203893
Your serial nr is PC 0806203893
From the article above
Later Hotpoint water heaters, manufactured by Rheem, use serial numbers in the format AAMMYY123456 begin with two letters (in position AA)
then follow with two digits of production month (in position MM and numbered 01-12)
followed by two digits of production year in position YY.
So probably 08 = month. And 06 = year
To comfirm your water heater's age, see
DATA TAG DECODING ADVICE for NON-STANDARD DATE CODES - general procedure to guess water heater age by noting surrounding age clues, records, service tags
On 2019-09-11 by Randy Coulter
I’m trying to find out how old my water heater is
Mod #: HE40M06JAJ00
On 2018-05-18 by Anonymous - when was my Hotpoint Model : HE40M06JAJ00 manufactured?
to get the age of your HE40 Hotpoint 50 gallon water heater you will need to look at the serial number, not the 'model number'.
However I am GUESSING from the model number that this is one of the later, post 1980 Hotpoint water heaters manufactured by Rheem.
On 2018-05-17 by Michel Paradis
Model : HE40M06JAJ00
When was is fabricated?
On 2016-07-16 by (mod) age of Hotpoint electric water heaters
Judy for Hotpoint electric water heaters, the age is encoded in the heater's serial number, not the model nor catalogue number.
Take a look at the data tag on your heater.
If it is in the form RN0603123456 then the age is encoded in positions 3-4-5-6 starting from the left - so my example would be M M Y Y or 06 03 or the 6th month of 2003.
Some GE and Rheem heaters also use this encoding pattern.
As your heater is an old one it may use a different scheme. Use the page bottom or top CONTACT link to send me sharp photos of the data tag and of the whole heater and I can look at it further.
On 2016-07-16 by Judy
We have a Hotpoint Electric Water Heater Cataloque number 100WBSC521035. It was here when we bought the house 25 years ago. It says 50 gallons on it but it is the size and shape of the washer and dryer which sit on either side of it. I am worried that it will cease to work sometime and I don't have a clue where to look for a similar new one.
Continue reading at WATER HEATER LIFE or select a topic from the closely-related articles below, or see the complete ARTICLE INDEX.
Or see these
WATER HEATER AGE & MANUALS - home
Hotpoint Oven Serial Number Lookup
WATER HEATER AGE DECODING GUIDES - six methods for figuring out the age of a water heater
Suggested citation for this web page
HOTPOINT WATER HEATER AGE & MANUALS at InspectApedia.com - online encyclopedia of building & environmental inspection, testing, diagnosis, repair, & problem prevention advice.
INDEX to RELATED ARTICLES: ARTICLE INDEX to WATER HEATERS
Or use the SEARCH BOX found below to Ask a Question or Search InspectApedia
Ask a Question or Search InspectApedia
Questions & answers or comments about how to find out the age of a heating appliance: water heater, heating boiler, heating furnace.
Try the search box just below, or if you prefer, post a question or comment in the Comments box below and we will respond promptly.
Search the InspectApedia website
Note: appearance of your Comment below may be delayed:if your comment contains an image, web link, or text that looks to the software as if it might be a web link, your posting will appear after it has been approved by a moderator. Apologies for the delay.
Technical Reviewers & References
- Carson Dunlop, Associates, Toronto, have provided us with (and we recommend)Carson Dunlop Weldon & Associates'Technical Reference Guide to manufacturer's model and serial number information for heating and cooling equipment ($69.00 U.S.). Technical Reference Guide, Carson Dunlop Weldon & Associates, Ltd., 120 Carlton St. Suite 407, Toronto, Ontario, M5A 4K2 Canada, ISBN 1-895585-90-2 165pp.
- Mark Cramer Inspection Services Mark Cramer, Tampa Florida, Mr. Cramer is a past president of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors and is a Florida home inspector and home inspection educator. Mr. Cramer serves on the ASHI Home Inspection Standards. Contact Mark Cramer at: 727-595-4211 [email protected] 'mailto:[email protected]' HREF='mailto:[email protected]'>[email protected]
Books & Articles on Building & Environmental Inspection, Testing, Diagnosis, & Repair
- Our recommended books about building & mechanical systems design, inspection, problem diagnosis, and repair, and about indoor environment and IAQ testing, diagnosis, and cleanup are at the InspectAPedia Bookstore. Also see our Book Reviews - InspectAPedia.
- Carbon Monoxide Gas Toxicity, exposure limits, poisoning symptoms, and inspecting buildings for CO hazards
Hotpoint Washing Machine Serial Number Lookup
- Carson, Dunlop & Associates Ltd., 120 Carlton Street Suite 407, Toronto ON M5A 4K2. Tel: (416) 964-9415 1-800-268-7070 Email: [email protected] The firm provides professional HOME INSPECTION SERVICES and also extensive HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION and home inspection-related PUBLICATIONS. Alan Carson is a past president of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors.
Thanks to Alan Carson and Bob Dunlop, for permission for InspectAPedia to use text excerpts from The Home Reference Book & illustrations from The Illustrated Home. Carson Dunlop Associates' provides extensive home inspection education and report writing material.
The ILLUSTRATED HOME illustrates construction details and building components, a reference for owners & inspectors.
Special Offer: For a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Illustrated Home purchased as a single order Enter INSPECTAILL in the order payment page 'Promo/Redemption' space.
TECHNICAL REFERENCE GUIDE to manufacturer's model and serial number information for heating and cooling equipment, useful for determining the age of heating boilers, furnaces, water heaters is provided by Carson Dunlop Weldon & Associates
Special Offer: Carson Dunlop Associates offers InspectAPedia readers in the U.S.A. a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Technical Reference Guide purchased as a single order. Just enter INSPECTATRG in the order payment page 'Promo/Redemption' space.
- The HOME REFERENCE BOOK - the Encyclopedia of Homes, Carson Dunlop & Associates, Toronto, Ontario, 25th Ed., 2012, is a bound volume of more than 450 illustrated pages that assist home inspectors and home owners in the inspection and detection of problems on buildings. The text is intended as a reference guide to help building owners operate and maintain their home effectively. Field inspection worksheets are included at the back of the volume.
Special Offer: For a 10% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference Book purchased as a single order. Enter INSPECTAHRB in the order payment page 'Promo/Redemption' space. InspectAPedia.com editor Daniel Friedman is a contributing author.
Or choose the The HOME REFERENCE eBook for PCs, Macs, Kindle, iPad, iPhone, or Android Smart Phones.
Special Offer: For a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference eBook purchased as a single order. Enter INSPECTAEHRB in the order payment page 'Promo/Redemption' space.
- Building inspection education & report writing systems from Carson, Dunlop & Associates Ltd
COMMERCIAL BUILDING INSPECTION COURSES - protocol ASTM Standard E 2018-08 for Property Condition Assessments
HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION COURESES (Canada)
HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION COURSES (USA) including home study & live classes at eleven colleges & universities.
HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION: HOME STUDY COURSES - [email protected] Training 10-course program.
Special Offer: Carson Dunlop Associates offers InspectAPedia readers in the U.S.A. a 5% discount on these courses: Enter INSPECTAHITP in the order payment page 'Promo/Redemption' space. InspectAPedia.com editor Daniel Friedman is a contributing author.
- The Horizon Software System manages business operations,scheduling, & inspection report writing using Carson Dunlop's knowledge base & color images. The Horizon system runs on always-available cloud-based software for office computers, laptops, tablets, iPad, Android, & other smartphones
Hotpoint Stove Serial Number Lookup
Hotpoint Serial Number Search
|Many people haven't a clue how much energy their refrigerator or freezer is using every hour of every day of every year. Here is a little help.|
Below you can discover the energy rating of many refrigerators and freezers produced for the American consumer market. To search this database, choose 'Refrigerator' or 'Freezer' and a brand name from the pull-down list. Then type in a model number, and click on the 'Search' button below. The list will give the matching model numbers, its size, the year of manufacture, and the energy rating. Of course not all models can be included. The database generally includes models that are at least 12 cubic feet but not more than 26 cubic feet in size.
How can you tell the model number? Check the nameplate. The nameplate usually is inside the food storage compartment or near the floor on the front frame.