∟ Downloading and Installing JDK 1.8. This section describes how to download and install Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 8u45 on a Windows system. Since Android apps are developed in Java language, you need to have a copy of JDK (Java Development Kit) installed on your computer first. The latest version of JDK is Java SE Development Kit 8u45. Android, based on Linux, uses a virtual device to run the apps, and offers support for 3G, WiFi, GPS, touch screens, and any other common-place component on high-end mobile phones today. Visit Android SDK site and Download Android SDK Latest Version!
The full version string for this update release is 11.0.9+10 (where '+' means 'build'). The version number is 11.0.9.
Complete release notes for Java 11 can be found here.
IANA Data 2020a
JDK 11.0.9 contains IANA time zone data version 2020a. For more information, refer to Timezone Data Versions in the JRE Software.
The security baselines for the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) at the time of the release of JDK 11.0.7 are specified in the following table:
JRE Family Version = JRE Security Baseline (Full Version String)
- 11 = 11.0.9+7
- 8 = 1.8.0_271-b09
Oracle JDK Expiration Date
Oracle recommends that the JDK is updated with each Critical Patch Update (CPU). In order to determine if a release is the latest, the following Security Baseline page can be used to determine which is the latest version for each release family.
Critical patch updates, which contain security vulnerability fixes, are announced one year in advance on Critical Patch Updates, Security Alerts and Bulletins. It is not recommended that this JDK (version 11.0.9) be used after the next critical patch update scheduled for January 19, 2021.
➜ Weak Named Curves in TLS, CertPath, and Signed JAR Disabled by Default
Jdk 1.8 For Android Studio Free Download
- Weak named curves are disabled by default by adding them to the following disabledAlgorithms security properties: jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms, jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms, and jdk.jar.disabledAlgorithms. The named curves are listed below.
- With 47 weak named curves to be disabled, adding individual named curves to each disabledAlgorithms property would be overwhelming. To relieve this, a new security property, jdk.disabled.namedCurves, is implemented that can list the named curves common to all of the disabledAlgorithms properties. To use the new property in the disabledAlgorithms properties, precede the full property name with the keyword include. Users can still add individual named curves to disabledAlgorithms properties separate from this new property. No other properties can be included in the disabledAlgorithms properties.
- To restore the named curves, remove the include jdk.disabled.namedCurves either from specific or from all disabledAlgorithms security properties. To restore one or more curves, remove the specific named curve(s) from the jdk.disabled.namedCurves property.
- Curves that are disabled through jdk.disabled.namedCurves include the following: secp112r1, secp112r2, secp128r1, secp128r2, secp160k1, secp160r1, secp160r2, secp192k1, secp192r1, secp224k1, secp224r1, secp256k1, sect113r1, sect113r2, sect131r1, sect131r2, sect163k1, sect163r1, sect163r2, sect193r1, sect193r2, sect233k1, sect233r1, sect239k1, sect283k1, sect283r1, sect409k1, sect409r1, sect571k1, sect571r1, X9.62 c2tnb191v1, X9.62 c2tnb191v2, X9.62 c2tnb191v3, X9.62 c2tnb239v1, X9.62 c2tnb239v2, X9.62 c2tnb239v3, X9.62 c2tnb359v1, X9.62 c2tnb431r1, X9.62 prime192v2, X9.62 prime192v3, X9.62 prime239v1, X9.62 prime239v2, X9.62 prime239v3, brainpoolP256r1, brainpoolP320r1, brainpoolP384r1, brainpoolP512r1
- Curves that remain enabled are: secp256r1, secp384r1, secp521r1, X25519, X448. See JDK-8233228
➜ Support for Kerberos Cross-Realm Referrals (RFC 6806)
- The Kerberos client has been enhanced with the support of principal name canonicalization and cross-realm referrals, as defined by the RFC 6806 protocol extension.
- As a result of this new feature, the Kerberos client can take advantage of more dynamic environment configurations and does not necessarily need to know (in advance) how to reach the realm of a target principal (user or service).
- Support is enabled by default and 5 is the maximum number of referral hops allowed. To turn it off, set the sun.security.krb5.disableReferrals security or system property to false. To configure a custom maximum number of referral hops, set the sun.security.krb5.maxReferrals security or system property to any positive value.
Recent Java JDK news
- Python also gained some 2.2 million developers in the past year and came in second-place
- 150 votesJava allows you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D, just to name a few. This new version is considered a Critical Patch Update.
- 25 votesJava SE 15.0.1 is the latest release of Java SE Platform. Oracle strongly recommends that all Java SE users upgrade to this release.
- 115 votesThe Java Platform lets you develop and deploy Java applications on desktops and servers, as well as in today's demanding embedded environments.
∟Downloading and Installing JDK 1.8.0 on Windows
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install JDK 1.8.0 (Java SE 8), which contains the HotSpot 1.8 JVM, on a Windows XP system. A simple Java program was entered, compiled, and executed with the new JDK installation.
Downloading and installing JDK 1.8.0 (Java SE 1.8) on a Windows system is easy. Here is what I did on my Windows 7 system:
- Open the Java SE Download page with this URL: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/.
- Click the download button next to 'Java Platform (JDK) 8'. You will see a new page with a list of different download files of JDK 8.
- Locate the 'Java SE Development Kit 8' section.
- Click the hyper link of 'jdk-8-windows-i586.exe', next to 'Windows x86 - 151.68 MB'.
- Save jdk-8-windows-i586.exe to a temporary directory.
- Double-click on jdk-8-windows-i586.exe to start the installation wizard.
- The installation wizard will guide you to finish the installation.
Jdk 1.8 For Android Studio Free Download For Pc
To test the installation, open a command window to try the java command. If you are getting the following output, your installation was ok:
Once the JDK is installed, you can try to use it to compile and execute a simple Java program:
1. Use Notepad to enter the following Java program into a file called Hello.java:
2. Then compile this program in a command window with the javac command:
3. To execute the program, use the java command:
Congratulations, you have successfully entered, compiled and executed your first Java program with JDK 1.8.0.
Last update: 2014.
Table of Contents
About This Book
►Downloading and Installing JDK 1.8.0 on Windows
Downloading and Installing JDK 1.7.0 on Windows
java.lang.Runtime Class - The JVM Instance
java.lang.System Class - The Operating System
ClassLoader Class - Class Loaders
Class Class - Class Reflections
Sun's JVM - Java HotSpot VM
JRockit JVM 28.2.7 by Oracle Corporation
JVM Runtime Data Areas
Memory Management and Garbage Collectors
Garbage Collection Tests
JVM Stack, Frame and Stack Overflow
Thread Testing Program and Result
CPU Impact of Multi-Thread Applications
I/O Impact of Multi-Thread Applications
CDS (Class Data Sharing)
Micro Benchmark Runner and JVM Options
Micro Benchmark Tests on 'int' Operations
Micro Benchmark Tests on 'long' Operations
Micro Benchmark Tests in JIT Compilation Mode
Micro Benchmark Tests on 'float' and 'double' Operations
PDF Printing Version