1. Check the system requirements
You will need the following:
Quite Imposing Plus V5 NOW AVAILABLE (January 2020)! Quite a Box of Tricks Quite Revealing: Quite Hot Imposing V5 NOW AVAILABLE (January 2020)! Create simple booklets or do complex imposition layouts. Easily find & solve problems in PDF files. Automate workflows outside of Acrobat.
- Quite Imposing Plus has options to add numbers to pages, to cover things with 'masking tape', or add a page from a PDF file over any other page at any scale. Both plug-ins can also re-order pages, split or merge even and odd pages, and more.
- Yeah it's starting to look like we're going to lean towards quite imposing, we've tried to use the online imposing beta site, however there seems to be a few limitations to that. Level 1 2 points 5 years ago.
- A computer running a full copy of Adobe Acrobat (Standard or Professional) . The free Adobe Reader or Acrobat Reader will not work.
- For the Macintosh version, a Macintosh running macOS 10.9 to 10.15 and Acrobat 9.0/10.0/11.0/2015/2017/DC Professional. Earlier versions of Acrobat will not work. Please read Adobe's system requirements carefully. For instance, Acrobat DC requires macOS 10.9 or above, and Catalina macOS 10.15 requires Acrobat DC or 2017..
- For the Windows version, Windows 7 or 10 and Acrobat 9.0/10.0/11.0/2015/2017/DC (Standard or Professional). The plug-ins are supported on the same Microsoft Windows system as Acrobat. Please read Adobe's system requirements carefully.
2. Go to the appropriate download page
Now select Windows or Macintosh.
Quite Imposing Software
So good that you want to share the plug-in?
We are happy for you to give copies of the plug-in to your friends and colleagues, so that they can try out a demonstration too. You must not pass on any serial number you may have been issued with. If you would like to include the plug-in on a web site or CDROM you must contact us first.
Quite Imposing or Quite Imposing Plus V4 for Windows
You can download and use Quite Imposing or Quite Imposing Plus. This is the full software, but unless you previously purchased it, it will work for you in a demonstration mode. The main effect of this is that all your imposed pages will be marked with a large X. You can still print your imposed pages to fully test the software.
- Quite Imposing Plus for Windows - qiplus4_en.exe. Version 4.0m, uploaded 16 May 2018
Each of these files contains the plug-in and an online guide, with an installer which will copy both files to the Acrobat plug_ins folder.
If you have previously purchased or downloaded any earlier version since 4.0, you can install this new version over the top of the old; licensing information is preserved. If you have a license for version 1, 2 or 3, you may need to purchase an upgrade.
Please read the following instructions in full before you start and if you have problems following any part of these instructions, please contact us.
1. Make sure you have what you need
You should have installed the full commercial Acrobat 9.0/10.0/11.0/2015/2017/DC Professional or 9.0/10.0/11.0/2015/2017/DC Standard package on a suitable verison of Windows. Make sure Acrobat is not running.
2. Download the installer
Download the file above. It is an installer. You can either allow your browser to run it, or you can save the file and run it later. If you save the file, make a note of where you download it to. Note: Microsoft Internet Explorer may report 'Authenticode signature not found'. This is normal and can be ignored.
3. Run the installer
If the browser did not already run the installer, locate the icon and double click it. The installer will normally find your Acrobat plug-ins folder and invite you to install the software. It may need help if you have more than one copy of Acrobat installed. The installer will ask you if you want to start Acrobat.
4. Start Acrobat
If all is well, you will now have a new menu item Plug-ins > Quite Imposing Plus 4 > Imposition control panel. Select this and you should see a window About Quite Imposing. Click Run Demo to start working, or click Guide to start reading the online guide. Alternatively, if you have a license number, click Licensing to start using the software.
Upgrading between versions of Acrobat
Quite Imposing Software
When you install a new version of Acrobat, the location of plug-ins will be different, and you need to reinstall.