Open nvidiaProfileInspector from wherever you extracted it to go to profile and type rainbow six and select rogue spear from the menu go to section 2- sync and refresh and select frame rate limiter and choose 61.8 or 31.5. This method will work for most people, but not for all as there are many reasons why the game might not work. Discord: 1: (ga. It is a port of the classic game by Red Storm Entertainment: 'Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear'. The original engine was id Tech 3, aka 'The Quake 3 Engine'. It was later improved by the community, upon its open-source release, and became ioQuake3. Apr 20, 2017 I'm trying to get Rogue Spear working on Windows 10 in full screen mode. I manage to get it working in windowed mode but then I can't change the resolution in game, it's locked to 640x480 and I have a 4K-screen.
All fixes/changes in the 2.04 patch
The special keyboard keys (arrow keys, numeric keypad, etc.) can once again be remapped under non-English versions of Windows.
Rogue Spear should now run under Windows2000.
GameSpy support has been added. As part of this, the behavior of the 'Announce Server' option has changed. If this option is checked, your game info is broadcast to the GameSpy master server.
The server will no longer pause until the armpatch timeout has expired while waiting for clients who have armpatches turned off.
Support has been added for users with multiple network connections to choose which connection to use for a multiplayer game.
The problems with the 'Lock Teams' option should be cleared up.
The blank dialog that a client received when joining a full game should now display the proper message.
Clients who disconnect during the loading sequence will no longer crash if they reconnect while the game is still in progress or in the results screen.
The armpatch timeout was reduced to 30 seconds meaning laggy clients will not delay multiplayer game starts for more than that period of time.
Clients that disconnect during the loading sequence will no longer delay the game start until the armpatch timeout has expired.
Clients who disconnect and rejoin before a game starts will no longer delay the server until the armpatch timeout has expired.
Hitting escape during a multiplayer loading sequence will no longer cause a hang or crash.
- download this ddraw file https://github.com/narzoul/DDrawCompat/releases
- press Releases and get the first one you see
- extract it to the roguespear.exe location
- The compatibility settings I use are: run as windows 98,16bit,run as admin
- go to the registry mine was located here:
ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeR ed Storm EntertainmentRogue Spear
- change Fullscreen to TRUE
- find VideoResolution and put your desired resolution eg 1920x1080 or do it in game from the graphics menu
Pro- fullscreen menus and gameplay
Con- the game loads slowly when loading into a map (20seconds maybe?)
Con- can't easily alt tab without breaking the game
- do the above up to the registry step
- fullscreen FALSE
- VideoResolution 1600x900
pro- can easily alt tab
con- low res menu sections (gameplay will be in your desired resolution)
- Set the game to run in windowed mentioned above
- download this Borderless-Gaming
- launch the program,launch RS, alt tab back to the program and find RS in list of applications and press the right arrow and move it over to favorites.
- alt tab back to RS and if it doesn't work straight away just relaunch the game
- from there go to the graphics menu and change to resolution you want to use
Pro -doing this will allow you have fast loads and be fullscreen when you play, safe to alt tab
Rogue Spear Windows 10
Con- the menu sections will be small
Rainbow Six Rogue Spear Win 10
cap your frame rate to 60fps or preferably if you can stand it 30fps due to AI issues and it should help the slow 3rd person camera
I use thisNvida inspector to cap my frame rate
- open nvidiaProfileInspector from wherever you extracted it to
- go to profile and type rainbow six and select rogue spear from the menu
- go to section 2- sync and refresh and select frame rate limiter and choose 61.8 or 31.5
- press apply changes
I hope this helps you, if not show me what errors show up in the rommel.log located in the roguespear.exe folder and maybe i can help fix the issue
or join the voobly lobby where you'll normally find me if you need a faster response