Here is a step-by-step guide for you to fix Seagate external hard drive not showing up in My Computer in Windows 10. Providing that data is valuable, we suggest you try fixes first to make the disk show up in Disk Management, and next take one more step to recover data on the unrecognized Seagate external hard drive with the help of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Download Seagate External Drive for Windows to uSB driver. Tools & Utilities. MOST POPULAR APPS. WinRAR (64-bit) Panda Free Antivirus. DRIVERS HDD EXTERNO SEAGATE 1TB WINDOWS 10 DOWNLOAD. Toshiba pa4282e-1hj0 1tb stor.e partner usb 3.0 2.5 inch. Portable external hard disk, external hard drive, backup plus desktop, portable external hard drive, hard drives backup plus. Hard disk drive. Expansion portable external drive, good seagate backup plus, driver update utility.
'My 320 GB Seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in My Computer. What should I do? In Device Manager, it gets detected and in disk management, it shows up as 'unallocated'. Is there any way to fix the issue? If I initialize it, will I lose all the data on the drive? I'm using Windows 10.'
How to fix Seagate external hard drive not showing up in Windows 10
Sometimes, when you plug in your Seagate external hard drive to PC, it cannot be recognized by your PC. As a result, the disk and the folders & files on it then become inaccessible. Actually, there are not the few have experienced such an issue of Seagate external hard drive not showing up in Windows 10 Computer. Next, we will show you how to fix the issue without losing data.
1. Make Seagate external hard drive show up in disk management
The first thing you need to do is to check if it is showing up in disk management. If yes, you can skip to the next step. And if not, you should first update the disk driver to make the Seagate external hard drive recognized by Windows and show up in disk management.
Step 1. In Run (Windows + R), type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
Step 2. In Device Manager, next to Universal Serial Bus controller, click '+ (plus)'. Then you'll see a yellow exclamation mark. Right-click and choose update driver software.
Step 3. Click 'automatically search for driver software online..'
Step 4. After the process completes, restart your computer and the driver should be automatically installed and loaded in your computer.
Step 5. Go to Windows Disk Management (This PC > Manage > Disk Management), check if the Seagate external hard drive shows as a normal hard disk there.
Sometimes, even the hard drive shows up in Disk Management, it's with strange characters like Unallocated, RAW, disk unknown not initialized, etc. It's detected but not accessible, so this time you must perform data recovery on the hard drive without delay.
2. Recover data from the Seagate external hard drive which is showing but not opening
Anime studio pro 10 serial key free download. When you see the Seagate external hard drive listed in the Disk Management window, you can try EaseUS disk data recovery to retrieve your data. It works well on external hard drive data recovery even when the disk is not opening in your Computer.
By going through three short stages, you can easily find lost data on a Seagate external hard drive.
Step 1. Under the 'External Devices', you should see the Seagate external hard drive showing up after it's correctly connected to your computer. Select the drive and click the Scan button.
Step 2. Soon, the software will find more and more data and display the data in the scan results.
Step 3. You can use the Filter feature to quickly locate some specific file types in the results. Select the target files and click the Recover button.
3. Reformat and partition Seagate external hard drive to make it show up in Computer
After Seagate external hard drive recovery, you can then reformat and partition the disk to initialize the disk and make it show up in your computer without losing data.
Step 1. Go to This PC > Manage > Disk Management, right-click the disk partition you need to format and then choose Format.
Step 2. In the pop-up window, you can set file system and cluster size and then click OK.
Note: If you also happen to encounter the flash drive not showing up on Mac, here is the access for online help.
Nov 16, 2020 • Filed to: Answer Hard Drive Problems • Proven solutions
Seagate is one of the leading manufacturers of hard drives in the market at the moment. These hard drives can keep data for a long period. However, when you are selling your Seagate hard drive or thinking about recycling it then you should wipe it clean. This will ensure that the person buying the hard drive won’t have to deal with your old data. Another instance when you need to wipe Seagate hard drive is when you have some sensitive data on it which you can’t allow to fall in the wrong hands. Now, merely deleting the data won’t completely erase it from the hard drive and the use of a data recovery tool would be enough to recover it all back.
How to Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive
Since data deletion isn’t enough to erase the sensitive data on your Seagate hard drive, you need a more secure way of permanently wiping it. However, most of these tools don’t work according to their specifications and can’t be used to permanently wipe Seagate hard drive. Stellar BitRaser for File is the only data erasure tool that can be used for secure wiping on Seagate hard drives.
- Intuitive Design and Layout Stellar BitRaser for File has an intuitive design and layout. It makes navigating the various features of this data erasure tool a lot easier. Anyone can use this software to wipe their Seagate hard drive without encountering any issues.
- Erases All Traces of Data from MS Apps This data erasing software is capable of erasing data from all the MS apps installed on a PC. Whether you have Windows Media Player, Paint, or WordPad, Stellar BitRaser for File can permanently erase all of the data from these apps within seconds.
- Permanently Erases Chat Histories Skype and Yahoo have a habit of storing the chat histories on the computer. Thus, anyone with access to your computer can view the messages you have sent using these chat messengers. Stellar BitRaser for File can help you in erasing the chat histories maintained by these messengers and ensure that your privacy is never compromised.
- Windows Compatibility Stellar BitRaser for File has been designed to be compatible with various versions of Windows. So, if you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 then you won’t have any difficulty in using this data erasure tool for wiping your Seagate hard drive.
- Launch Stellar BitRaser for File on your Windows computer.
- Connect your Seagate hard drive to PC and select it.
- Selecting the Seagate hard drive and click the 'Erase Now' button to process.
- It will wipe your hard drive permanently, reboot your system after erase.
A single pass of Stellar BitRaser for File can permanently wipe Seagate hard drive and erase its data forever. However, if you think that there is still a chance the data isn’t erased then you can have a couple more passes just to be sure. This would ensure beyond the shadow of a doubt that your Seagate hard drive is wiped clean and doesn’t have any traces of its old data left behind.
So, if you want to wipe Seagate hard drive before you are selling or recycling it then you will need a powerful data erasing tool. Such tools are readily available on the internet but don’t offer the desired results. Stellar BitRaser for File is one of the few data erasure tools which can wipe the data from a Seagate hard drive and ensure that it can’t be recovered.
- If you need some of the data that is on the hard drive you are about to wipe clean then create backups of it beforehand. This data wouldn’t be recoverable once the hard drive has been wiped.
- Never make use of ordinary data erasure tools as they can damage the hard drive and can’t effectively erase all their data.