Downloading apps and programs onto your TI-84 graphing calculator can extend its abilities, help you gain an edge over your competition in high-stakes tests, or even let you play games on your calculator.
EMULATOR SOFTWARE We recommend the following emulators: TI-84 Plus CE: CEmu TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus family (including the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition): jsTIfied and Wabbitemu TI-89, TI-92 Plus, and Voyage 200: TiEmu TI Nspire: Firebird. Download TI 84 Manual + Graphing Calculator Pro and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. . Get a full-featured graphing calculator. Separate manual/ guidebook app about the TI-84 Plus & the new TI-84 Plus CE. Plus our app High School Math which teaches you how to do algebra and calculus with step-by-step instructions.
This How-To guide applies to every TI-84, including the TI-84 Plus CE, TI-84 Plus, TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, and TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculators.
What you need:
- Any TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator
- Calculator Charging Cable
- TI Connect CE Software (Download Here)
Make sure you download and install TI Connect CE! You will not be able to transfer any programs to your calculator without it.
Best Places for Calculator Apps/Programs
- CEmu is a third-party TI-84 Plus CE / TI-83 Premium CE calculator emulator, focused on developer features. The core is programmed in C and the GUI in C with Qt, for performance and portability reasons. CEmu works natively on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Download MirageOS – TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus Games MirageOS is a Flash Application Shell that has revolutionized the TI-83 Plus with its many built-in features. MirageOS is required to play many of the most popular games and is able to run high powered programs.
- Download TI-83 Plus OS for Mac to for the graphing calculator.
- TICalc.org: TICalc.org is the best website for downloading math/science programs. Its selection is unrivaled, as anyone is able to upload their own program
- TI84CalcWiz.com: TI84CalcWiz is the best website for downloading games. It features the highest quality games available and ensures that the installation process is quick and painless.
- TI.com: The Texas Instruments website is the best for Apps designed by Texas Instruments. The selection on this website is small, but the apps it does have are among the best in terms of quality.
Using TICalc.org can be a bit confusing for beginners. Assuming you are looking for math programs, go to the file archives, and click on your calculator’s name. From here, click on basic, then math. You can download any program you find interesting by clicking on its name.
Sending Apps/Programs to Your Calculator
Now that you have found some programs, let’s put them on your calculator using TI Connect CE.
Step One: Open the file you downloaded, and drag the files inside of it onto your desktop (this will extract the files, as most come in the form a .zip file)
Step Two: Open TI Connect CE, and click the “Calculator Explorer” tab on the sidebar. Plug your calculator into your computer using your charging cable. Turn on your calculator.
Step Three: You should now see a list of all of the files on your calculator. Drag all of the calculator files into the list to send them to your calculator (in this example GIF, there is only one file, but send all of them if there is more than one calculator file).
A window should now pop up. Nokia lumia recovery tool for mac. Click “SEND” to send the program to your calculator.
If no window showed up when dragging in the files: you can manually browse to the file you downloaded by clicking “Actions” (in the top bar), and then “Add files from computer…”.
If everything worked out, the program/app should now be on your calculator!
Using Apps/Programs on Your Calculator
Programs and apps are stored under two different places on TI-84 calculators. If you are unsure whether the file you downloaded is an app or program, just check both locations.
- Apps: Press the [apps] button on your calculator, and select the app you would like to use from the menu.
- Programs: Press the [prgm] button on your calculator, select the program you want to use, and then press enter again to run it.
And that’s really all there is to it! Most programs are fairly self-explanatory, and math programs on TICalc.org have readme files that explain how to use them (and provide the developer’s contact information, if you ever need more help).
Download Ti 84 Plus Calculator Free
But what if I want to remove a program or app? Don’t worry, this is an easy task to accomplish. Check out this article for more information: How to Delete a Program/App on a TI-84 Calculator
We have all had that experience in school, taking a test or quiz, where we just blank out and forget that important formula you need to know. If you are like me, your brain just is too unreliable to store information and decides to forget it at the worst times. If this applies to you, then you have come to the right place! This tutorial will show you how to type up notes on your computer and store them on your calculator to view at any time!
What You’ll Need
- A TI-84 Plus CE (The TI-84 Plus CE-T and the TI-83 Premium CE will work as well)
- A Windows Computer (If you have a Mac, try this tutorial. It works for the TI-84 Plus CE as well.)
- A Calculator Charging Cable
- TI Connect CE Software (download here)
- Notes CE Program (download here)
Sending .TXT Files to your Calculator
Before getting started, make sure you install TI Connect CE and download the notes program (links above).
Open up Notepad on your computer (it comes preinstalled on Windows). Type whatever you would like to store into the text document.
Now save the file. You can name it anything you like, as long as it ends in “.txt”. I’ll name mine “test.txt”.
Now, open up the Notes CE program zip that you downloaded. Extract the files by dragging them onto your desktop.
We need to use the ConvText file to convert our text files into a calculator friendly format. We can do this by dragging our text file on top of the ConvText program.
If you would like to send more than one text file, you can convert them now as well, or you can always convert more files later.
Open up TI Connect CE, plug your calculator into your computer using the charging cable, and turn on your calculator.
On the sidebar of TI Connect CE, click the “Calculator Explorer” tab. It’s the icon below the camera.
Drag in all of the converted text files you created. Additionally, you need to send a program to actually be able to view these files, which you should have extracted earlier (it was in the same download as the ConvText program). It comes split into two different files, the first is called TFILES.8xp, and the second is called NOTES.8xp. Send these both to your calculator.
Ti 84 Plus Ce Download
View the Files on your Calculator
Congratulations! You have sucessfully put notes on your calculator! To view them, just press the [prgm] button on your calculator, and run the program called NOTES by selecting it, pressing enter, and then pressing enter again.
Ti 84 Plus Ce App For Chrome Os
Disclaimer: TI84CalcWiz does not condone the use of this software for cheating purposes. Please check with your teachers to ensure that they are OK with you using this software.